In order to successfully implement Enterprise Distribution, the following requirements must be met by each Customer.
Customer must have:
- Enterprise Distribution account with Apple
- Engineer or technical resource who is capable of properly codesigning an IPA and has the ability to access (one of) the team's distribution certificate(s) and associated private key.
- Access to a current model Apple computer which can run the current version of Xcode.app.
- A means to distribute the recodesigned app, via one of the following methods:
- An MDM or similar service to distribute the app
- A server with a valid (not self signed) SSL certificate from which the app can be hosted and installed OTA
- DoubleDutch also provides a resource file if the client wishes to distribute an app but does not have an MDM service
- A plan or means for installing the app manually or over a cable to necessary devices
The following are required on Customer's local system to complete the recodesigning process:
1. A Provisioning Profile for the app (must have push entitlement and associated domains enabled)
2. A Distribution Certificate, with associated private key, in Keychain Access*
3. Up-to-date Xcode and Xcode Command Line Tools installed
The following are provided by DoubleDutch:
1. Recodesign-app-store.sh and recodesign-enterprise.sh scripts (included here)
2. .ipa file that will be resigned, provided via email
If after following the above guidelines, You need additional Engineer Support, You should contact your Account Manager to discuss purchasing an Engineer Support package.