What is DoubleDutch/Marketo integration?
DoubleDutch apps capture incredible amounts of valuable live event behavioral data. Now your marketing team can leverage that data while the event is taking place! DoubleDutch/Marketo integration sends attendee behavioral data collected by the DoubleDutch event app into your Marketo instance, giving you deep insights into your attendees. The behavioral data collected by DoubleDutch can be used to better target your attendees.
The DoubleDutch mobile app captures attendee behaviors before and during an event, and with Marketo integration, the event organizer can capture those signals and act on them in real time.
Capture and act on attendee behaviors as they happen. Transfer powerful engagement signals captured through interactivity at live events, providing the clearest insight about intent of each attendee - from interests, participation, and feedback.
Score leads to know with whom to follow-up, and how to follow up. Score specific activities attendees take across the event within Marketo, and easily understand what actions to take next based on their stage in the buying cycle.
Automatically trigger personalized campaigns. Create smart lists in Marketo to automatically trigger campaigns, based on specific attendee interactions - for example, instantly sending recommended content based on a poll response.
Enable relevant follow-up conversations that spur action. Set up Marketo alerts to sales reps as specific activities occur to enable timely follow-up, and transfer a summary of activities into CRM systems to enable relevant follow-up conversations.
Here are some ideas for marketing programs that a DoubleDutch/Marketo integration can enable:
• After attendees register for the app, send a welcome email and promote specific event content.
• After viewing or bookmarking a session, email attendees with information to prep them for the session.
• After attending or rating a session, email attendees about an upcoming webinar related to that topic, or tell them where they can download the speaker slides.
• After visiting a sponsor or exhibitor, email attendees with further info about that company.
• After someone rates a session very well, or very poorly, send a follow-up email to elicit more information about their experience.
• After responding to a targeted offer, email attendees with further info about that company.
• After downloading a product collateral file, email attendees with further info about that company or product.
• Score actions from the app in Marketo and turn your attendees into MQLs!
What it looks like
Automate trigger campaigns with smart lists based on attendee activity
Alert Sales Reps as attendees take action
Update Lead scores based on attendee activity
Push attendee activity data into integrated CRM systems and provide Sales Reps with meaningful insights when following up with customers and prospects
Setting up the integration
Setting up the first integration takes 6-8 weeks, so we recommend you start the process as early as possible. Once the initial set up is finished, future integrations can be turned on quickly! Here are the steps:
1. Marketo credentials. This will allow the event data to be sent directly to Marketo. Only your Marketo administrator can provide this information. (Instructions below.)
2. Marketo support request. You submit a Marketo support request (firstname.lastname@example.org) to create Custom Activity Types in Marketo. Custom Activity Types structure the data cleanly in Marketo. This can only be requested by you, the Marketo customer. The text to forward to Marketo support is here. This step takes Marketo support about 4 weeks.
3. Test. Once the support ticket for Custom Activity Types is complete, DoubleDutch will set up the integration and test it. You can check that the data came through and is what you expected.
4. Launch. Once you validate the integration, DoubleDutch can immediately start pushing data into Marketo, or start on a day of your choosing.
Getting Your Marketo Credentials
DoubleDutch uses a REST integration to send data to Marketo. This requires the following pieces of information for the integration to be configured:
• Endpoint: https://xxx-xxx-xxx.mktorest.com/rest
• Identity: https://xxx-xxx-xxx.mktorest.com/identity
• Client ID: xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
• Client Secret: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
• Authorized User: [set up access using email@example.com]
To get the Endpoint and Identity URLs above, in Marketo, go to
Admin > Integration > Web Services
To get the Client ID and Client Secret above, in Marketo, go to
Admin > Integration > Launchpoint
Then follow the first 8 steps on this page: http://developers.marketo.com/blog/quick-start-guide-formarketo-rest-api/.
Note that these tasks can only be completed by your Marketo administrator.
Data you will receive
• Session bookmarks
• Session ratings
• Session attendance (requires the use of DoubleDutch session scanning)
• Session status updates
• Session survey responses
• Session check-ins
• Speaker bookmarks
• Speaker ratings
• Speaker survey responses
• Speaker status updates
• Sponsor bookmarks
• Sponsor ratings
• Sponsor lead scans (requires the use of DoubleDutch lead scanning)
• Sponsor status updates
• Poll Responses
• Survey Responses
• Global status updates
For an overview and benefits of this integration, see the datasheet here.